Friday, January 4, 2013

Surgery

Well, I was hoping to start new year off strong. Trainer time with plenty of base rides.  Last year I did too many long rides and no intensity. So throughout November and December I did pretty much easy rides with friends to not burn myself out. Then kick on the hard rides starting in January. I did 2-3 strength workouts in the gym a week throughout those two months.

That all got ruined when I was diagnosed with acute appendicitis on January 2 and got my appendix pulled that same day. Today is my first full day home and the pain is almost unbearable. It is tough to get up, using my core muscles are tough! Good thing I worked those out during off season! I hope to be back on bike light riding indoors next week. My next appointment is 1-17 and then I return to work shortly after that. Here's hoping this does not ruin my build up to Tour of the Dragons May 4-5. As I fill in my race calendar and vacations I'll add them in here. Still want to post weekly workout numbers on here.

My buddies Andy, Jay are also looking to do an Olympic distance relay. I would do the bike leg and hope to not be weak link. We did one last year, a sprint distance and came in second. Deeply disappointing result.

I will also be taking on applying to business schools for my MBA to start in fall/winter and get that over with in off season.

2012 was a great year for cycling. I rode plenty, enjoyed new cycling sites. I got married to the love of my life. 2013 starting off rough but I am optimistic!

Until next time. I'll write some goals for 2013 and get those up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment